Too cold to grill? Try this NuWave Oven Chicken Recipe! Delicious bacon wrapped around chicken thighs or chicken breasts add a crispy shell to the tender juicy chicken. Just like on the grill!
Ingredients for Chicken:
- Chicken thighs or chicken breasts
- Thick cut bacon
- Toothpicks or meat skewers
- *add optional flavors (see below)
Prepare the Chicken:
Preparation time:10 minutes
- Rinse the chicken off with cold water to clean
- Wrap a piece of bacon tightly around the chicken thigh or breast
- Slide a toothpick or meat skewer to hold the ends of the bacon to the chicken
- Can do as much bacon as you want, may need two pieces of bacon for the chicken if it is a large piece
- Place the wrapped chicken on the NuWave.
Cook your chicken in the NuWave:
Cook time: 30-35 minutes (depending on the chicken used)
- Fresh chicken thighs: 10-12 minutes per side
- Frozen chicken thighs: 14-16 minutes per side
- Fresh chicken breasts: 10 minutes per side
- Frozen chicken breasts: 13 minutes per side
Caution: Will be very hot and crispy! Be careful when flipping the chicken over as it will be very hot, I recommend using tongs.
Important notes for you:
If the chicken breasts are large, cut them in half and wrap each one individually
When cooking chicken, cook until the meat is no longer pink – need to get to 165 F
*Flavor addition ideas:
- Lemon, basil, oregano, salt and pepper
- Basil, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper
- Be creative! What flavors will you add?