Have you ever heard of a NuWave Oven? What is this thing? You might have had one of those sleepless nights sitting up watching those addicting infomercials where you saw this machine. But other than, that there really is not a lot of marketing for this fantastic machine.
I am here to promote that you should absolutely purchase one of these amazing contraptions. We have had one for two years now. I can’t say it any better than I LOVE our NuWave Oven!
To be honest, I have not cooked anything in my actual oven except for bread, cookies, cakes etc. since we purchased our NuWave.
NuWave 2063 Oven Pro Plus, Black
- Dimensions: 30.5 x 15.8 x 13 inches
- Item Weight: 10 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 12.1 pounds
- Manufacturer: NuWave
- ASIN: B00IXC1VYG
- Item model number: 20631
Even on the nights that I decide that the kids get a treat and get to eat something frozen (corn dogs, chicken nuggets, French fries or tater tots) I use the NuWave. The way that the machine cooks the food circulates the air all around the food makes for very crispy food. I cannot get the same effect when I use my oven.
Believe it or not, the NuWave reheats leftovers amazingly. In the summer we do our big BBQs and we have leftover brats, hot dogs hamburgers, salmon every time. I will take the leftover salmon and throw it on the NuWave heat it up for about 7 minutes and it tastes like it was just pulled off the smoker.
I make my own French Fries and chicken nuggets, throw them in the freezer and they are phenomenal on the NuWave.
So how does it work?
I took all the facts from the NuWave website and broke it down into easy to read information to help!
The NuWave Oven uses Triple Combo Cooking Power (that sounds awesome right!!! Yes, but what EXACTLY does that mean)
- Conventional oven (Convection heat) Circulates hot air around the food
- Infrared heat Penetrates the food with heat meaning it cooks evenly on the outside and inside at the same time
- Unique design to help make your food healthier – with the elevated cooking rack, the fats and oils drip away from the foods but keeps the natural juices locked inside.
There is an easy to read digital control pad on the top of the dome that makes it easy to select from several baking functions
Here is my Pros & Cons list and as you can see the pros severely outweigh the cons!
- Cooks up to 70% faster
- Uses up to 75% less energy
- Releases up to 250% more fat
- Easy to clean & dishwasher safe
- No preheating or defrosting required
- Price – A little costly for purchase normally $129.99 on Amazon On sale ($99.99) on the NuWave site $134.99 plus S&H
- Size – Can’t do full size frozen pizza or the homemade pizza because the tray is not big enough around for that
- A little bulky, when you take the lid off to flip the food you have to make sure you have a lot of space
What is their warranty?
1-year limited warranty and NuWave will cover the following:
The infrared cooking system including powerhead, Dome, Cooking Rack, Liner Pan, Base, and all electrical components are to be free from defects and workmanship under normal household use when operated in accordance with the Manufacturer’s written instructions provided with each unit for one (1) year from date of purchase. The manufacturer will provide the necessary parts and labour to repair any part of the infrared cooking system at NuWave, LLC Service Department. After the expiration of the warranty, the cost of the labour and parts will be the sole responsibility of the owner.
When you purchase your NuWave through the Amazon links below you can also purchase an extended warranty of 3 years ($3.69) or 4 years ($6.05) if you are interested.
Who would this machine benefit?
- Families of all sizes
- College students
- On the road travellers
- Inexperienced and experienced cookers
People who travel a lot for their jobs and drive to their locations. The machine is lightweight and easy to carry, would be good to just set up in your hotel on the table they provide
In conclusion, I highly recommend that you purchase a NuWave Oven. They are amazing and it is my opinion that every kitchen should have one. There are also NuWave cookbooks available and you can buy the individual pieces of the NuWave if you wear yours out! This is a phenomenal product!
Here are direct links to the NuWave Ovens I recommend.
This is the NuWave that my family has:
Here is the red one and it has the extender ring on it