Everyone has heard of deep-frying turkeys and yes…they are delicious! I am sure you have also heard of the danger associated with them. Have you ever heard of air frying?
If you want a healthier and safer way of frying a turkey, check this Oil Free roaster out. We have had one for a few years now and we even use it during other times of the year besides
During the holidays, it is so nice to have the turkey frying in the air fryer and I have all the oven space I need, when I need it! I live in a dry climate so there is constant basting that needs to be done to keep the turkey moist. With the air fryer, I don’t have to worry about that at all!
You can use this fryer to make turkey, ham, roasts, veggies and so much more! Very universal and much like the Crock-Pot, set it and leave it! We found that frying a 13-14 lb. turkey is the best as far as size goes. 18 lbs. is a bit tight in the basket.
So how does it work?
The fryer uses radiant heat to cook which is a direct source of heat (electric) instead of heat through the air.
There is an adjustable temperature control that allows you to adjust the heat for a perfect temperature and the fryer maintains its own heat control.
- Heat: Radiant, from electricity
- Dimensions: 17″ H x 16.5″ W x 16.75″ D
- Weight: 28 pounds
- Watts: 1650
- Capacity: Turkeys up to 18 pounds
- Timer: Adjustable
- Model: Model 20100809 (up to 18 lb turkeys)
- Warranty: 90 days
- Other: Includes stand for the turkey, cooking basket and drain clip for other foods, glass lid, wood chip tray for smoking. For outdoor use only.
- Notes: Users advise to be sure to plan some time for it to heat up, and that cooking a turkey in it will take longer than in actual hot oil.
Pros & Cons
- Delicious fried turkey without the frying (safer)
- Fryer uses radiant heat to fry turkey without a drop of oil (healthier)
- Use injectable marinades or seasoned rubs (Get creative!)
- Adjustable thermostat temperature control
- Cooking basket included
- Wood chip tray for smoking foods
- Removable drip pan for easy cleanup – I use the drippings to make gravy…mmmm
- Cooks turkeys up to 18 lbs.
- You don’t have to use your oven for the turkey or ham!
- The only con I would say is that it is recommended to use outside, however that’s not really that big of a deal as you can let it set on the patio or porch!
You will need to request the manufacturers warranty via customer service.
When you purchase your fryer through Amazon you can also purchase protection plan of 3 years ($5.53) or 4 years ($5.94)
Who would this fryer benefit?
Cost is normally $129.99 but it is currently on sale for $106.38!
In conclusion, I would definitely recommend the Butterball Air-Fryer! They are amazing and the food comes out juicy and delicious. The absolute best part is it is safe and my oven is free to use for other sides!